Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Comeback or Uncle Rico moment?

Back in 82 I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile... Nothing represent the mainstreaming of formerly rebel punk skate culture than the relaunch of legendary 80s brands like the Bones Brigade.

The question is: is it cool or pathetic? Peralta has been off playing in Hollywood making cutting edge documentaries on actions sports (and getting rich too...), but he's ready to come back to skateboarding now that Nike, Adidas, Reebok, Kohls, and ESPN are involved. I loved the Bones Brigade and love seeing the interest today's kids have in skate history, but sometimes I wonder if we spend too much time looking for that time machine with uncle Rico?

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. Sometime reader, first time poster here. Love your blog...

    As for the Bones Brigade, I think it's cool! My boys, who both skate love DogTown, etc., and will think it is so awesome. I remember when I was in Jr. High...back then it was cool to listen to "hippie" tunes, like Led Zepplin and The Doors. Tossing a hack-sack was pretty "in" as well...

    "It's all just a little bit of history repeating itself..."

    ReplyDelete